Talk

Advanced search

Is it normal for 3yo to freak out over 'lost' litter etc?

(5 Posts)
violetlights Mon 11-Apr-16 22:52:35

Every so often I 'lose' an insignificant object - a gust of wind blows a tissue from the pram and I'm unable to catch it; a piece of gravel we were throwing about falls in a pond etc.

I can't think of other examples, but it happens quite regularly (I'm not a litter bug!)

Each time my 3.5 year old gets extremely upset - crying and screaming for me to get it. If possible, I do retrieve the object but sometimes it isn't possible. Then I have to pretend to have found the object by picking up a different tissue / stone / wrapper and showing him. Then he stops crying. I don't know if this anxiety or distress is normal or not? I don't have any concerns about his behavioural development in other areas (He doesn't show any signs of autism etc). He's been doing it for at least a year, maybe two. Any advice or experience is appreciated!

EatShitDerek Mon 11-Apr-16 22:56:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

violetlights Mon 11-Apr-16 23:07:26

Ha! That's what I needed to hear Derek, thank you. Had a shit day and I should be in bed and you made me laugh... Not an easy task today... grin

EatShitDerek Mon 11-Apr-16 23:27:28

EatShitDerek Mon 11-Apr-16 23:27:42

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now