Talk

Advanced search

Rudeness

(8 Posts)
jennifer7502 Tue 05-Apr-16 18:20:57

I have two daughters. One 10 usually polite and well behaved
One 8 nearly 9 usually well behaved but can be extremely rude. Today have had to deal with three bouts of rudeness and angry shouting. Been sent to her room, Easter choc been taken, new pumps been taken and later she repeats similar behaviour. I usually stay calm and explain it is just not acceptable
Advice?! What else can I do?

Sothisishowitfeels Tue 05-Apr-16 20:44:00

I think you are doing all the right things, sadly some children are just like this!. i have one that seems to think shouting is an acceptable way to speak to me - it is not. Eventually she will learn that!

JontyDoggle37 Tue 05-Apr-16 20:45:54

I think consistency and refusing to be shifted by repeated behaviour is key here - she's pushing to see if you'll cave. Calm, unflappable and keep repeating. Good luck!

jennifer7502 Wed 06-Apr-16 06:58:46

Thank you. It's so hard! Single mum too so no back up here. I do keep consistent and always stick to consequences but golly she likes to keep pushing it sad

MadamDeathstare Wed 06-Apr-16 17:38:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jennifer7502 Wed 06-Apr-16 17:56:37

Thank you for your message, yes I do all that! She had her pocket money, some Easter choc and her new pumps removed yesterday. The pumps will be returned after many days of better attitude, the other two are gone for good.
Also I read somewhere if children tell you your an idiot or their sister is horrible, for example, then another consequence is get them to write, for example, three ways that mum is caring and clever or three ways you love your sibling.
This morning I got her to do that, it makes them think smile
It's been a good day today, with a just a few moments of school holiday bickering!

MadamDeathstare Wed 06-Apr-16 20:14:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChipperCharlie Wed 06-Apr-16 20:49:19

Following with interest.

Have started my own thread (10 year old with explosive temper) if anyone is around for advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now