Talk

Advanced search

Feeding confusion

(3 Posts)
Sleepynewmum Tue 22-Mar-16 20:45:09

Hello everyone

I'm new to mumsnet and looking for some me advice on combination feeding. I have exclusively breastfed for just over 5 months now and looking to drop one feed a day for formula (I don't want to express) I discussed this with my health visitor today and as my DD has gained a lot of weight (now 8kg) she suggested I keep exclusively breastfeeding and that if DD had been on formula she would have been worried about that much weight gain so now I'm worried that the one formula feed will make her bigger but also I really want a little freedom now as I'm starting to find breastfeeding hard - am I overreacting about on formula feed?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

dementedpixie Tue 22-Mar-16 22:13:23

Goodness my ds was closer to 20lbs at that age (formula fed) and no one said there was anything wrong with his weight. I would have thought formula would have similar calories to breastmilk so don't see why weight gain would increase

Sleepynewmum Wed 23-Mar-16 06:57:54

Thanks dementedpixie I think it's more a concern as my DDs weight has jumped so much - she was really tiny at birth! As I've never used formula I wasn't sure what impact it would have but guess one feed a day wouldn't make any difference?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now