Talk

Advanced search

4 month old crying when left

(6 Posts)
fukkigucci Fri 26-Feb-16 17:12:11

Hi all,

I have 3 kids, youngest is 4 months. She's adorable!
I decide a few weeks ago to start swimming, I need the exercise desperately.
I've been dropping the big 2 off at school, and then taking the baby to a childminder. She's exclusively breast fed, I've been making sure she's fed before I drop her off, and I send a bottle of breastmilk too. She's often asleep when I've dropped her off.
Anyway, here is the problem. Once she wakes up, she screams the entire time she's there. The childminder holds her, tries to feed her etc, but no use. She just wants me. I'm gone for maximum 45 minutes.

(I went to the cinema last week with a friend, and she did the same to my husband after about an hour of being happy. And I left her with a babysitter in my house this morning while i went to the dentist, and she cried for her too. So it's not the childminder!)

Any advice?

fukkigucci Fri 26-Feb-16 19:13:26

Bump.
Anyone?

PalcumTowder Sat 27-Feb-16 22:19:58

One thing that jumped out at me was that you drop her off asleep and when she wakes she starts crying for you. Mine are a little older now, 2.5 and 1, but this works for them: we drop them off and make a point to say goodbye and mummy/daddy will be back soon. Very cheery, "bye bye! See you soon!" Then they get to understand that you're going but that you always come back. I always thought if they were just to wake and not have me there it would be confusing for them. Might be worth a try...

fukkigucci Sun 28-Feb-16 05:02:12

Thanks!
I'll give it a go. She hasn't been taking a bottle very well lately, so we're trying to work on that over the weekend.

icklekid Sun 28-Feb-16 05:06:35

If the childminder isn't complaining I would stick with it. Ds was the same with my dh and I still used to do the food shop /go for a run for an hour every Saturday. He was a fussy baby but he did get used to it. Dh would often take him for a walk and get him to sleep is it possible for childminder to do that so rather than dropping off asleep she gets him to sleep for most of the time you are away?

Katenka Sun 28-Feb-16 06:37:39

Dd wasn't like this but ds was.

I couldn't go anywhere, if I left him with dh he would just cry.

Dh and I talked about it. Dh didn't find that difficult and we both knew it was good for me to have a break. So I continued to do what I was doing. He stopped after a few weeks. He is almost five and dh is his 'bestest friend in whole world' and he loves me 'an hundred million times' .

He isn't particularly more attached to either us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now