Getting DC home from nursery

(4 Posts)
BrightandEarly Tue 23-Feb-16 20:39:13

This shouldn't be hard but it is!

DD is 3.5 and DS nearly 2. The walk home is 15 minutes at adult pace. Currently I have DS in buggy and DD on buggy board.

DD wants to, and can, walk home. And I'm quite supportive of that! However, as soon as she gets off the buggy board and starts walking, DS who is fiercely independent wants to get out and walk too. But for him it's a bit too far, and although a very keen walker he has a tendency to wander off in the wrong direction.

So either way I have one grumpy DC confused

I guess DS just needs to learn he sits in the buggy for some months to come, but I thought I'd post in case anyone had any clever ideas.

They both have scooters and DD would be delighted to scoot home, but again DS can't manage it yet.

Any tips?

mikado1 Tue 23-Feb-16 20:46:29

If 2yo has a micro scooter, get the seat and he will fly along, well worth the cost, brilliant invention!

Jw35 Tue 23-Feb-16 20:55:38

A smart trike?

BrightandEarly Tue 23-Feb-16 21:03:43

The scooter with the seat idea is great. I'll give that a go - I have one of those seats but never ended up using it with DD so forgot about it.

Smart trike is a great idea too as DS loves his smart trike but unfortunately I don't think nursery will allow it to be stored there - I didn't mention in my OP that I pick up straight from work so any DC transportation devices have to be left at nursery in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now