The pushing stage...arghh

(4 Posts)
ohlittlepea Thu 18-Feb-16 22:30:36

My Dd Is almost two, she is going through q phase of pushing children who come near her, luckily shes gentle so rarely causes any upset but I don't want her to think it's OK to push people. I think she's learnt this from her older cousin who is three and a bit rough with her. The techniques I'm trying don't seem to be improving this behaviour. Any top tips would be very appreciated smile...

Frusso Fri 19-Feb-16 18:33:35

I stay close and watch like a hawk and say "we keep our hands and feet to ourselves" if ds either pushes/kicks/hits or looks like he is going to. I feel like I am on repeat sometimes with ds, but eventually it does sink in.

It may be worth you making a point of saying something like this when cousin is around too.

ohlittlepea Fri 19-Feb-16 20:27:30

Sounds like a good plan...today she pushed and wouldn't say sorry so we left the place we'd gone out too early. This phase can't end quickly enough!

Frusso Fri 19-Feb-16 21:00:05

At nearly 2 my ds only said about 6 words and never in public can't shut him up now, I would (and still do) get down to ds level use hand over hand to help him sign sorry whilst saying "we say sorry if we hurt someone"

I personally wouldn't leave somewhere if he couldn't/didn't say sorry, at this age/stage it's more about teaching him appropriate behaviours and modelling them.

It will pass, and whatever method you choose you just have to be consistent, and it will pass.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now