Talk

Advanced search

Nearly 3year old hitting when frustrated

(3 Posts)
5minutestobed Fri 12-Feb-16 18:15:06

My DS is nearly 3 and in the last month or so he has started hitting when he is frustrated. He is really struggling with sharing around other children and lashes out if they try to take toys away from him etc. Or like today he couldn't get his little figure into their car so he hit the car and then came over and hit me?!
His speak is a little behind I think so he can't express himself that well. What can I do to help him deal with his frustration? I've started avoiding other children as its so stressful trying to stop him. Help please!

5minutestobed Sat 13-Feb-16 09:59:15

Bump!

PerryHatter Sun 14-Feb-16 21:00:50

He's at that age. Most of the 2-3 year olds I know are the same! They get frustrated easily and they deal with this by lashing out. I'd just try distracting him - with the toy, if it happens again, you could intervene and show him how to get the toy in properly? That sort of thing. Also, don't avoid other children - children get into scraps. Obviously, you shouldn't let him brawl with children but allow him to play, if he gets to the stage where he's going to hit another child, you take him away from the situation and tell him why in a way he understands. He'll get past it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now