Talk

Advanced search

sitting up/falling down

(4 Posts)
BabyBobbins32 Fri 12-Feb-16 09:02:05

Hi All, My little one is 8 months now and has been sitting unaided since she was about 6 months. She can sit fine but occasionally she likes to balance on the back of her bottom (must have abs of steel ha!) and she will sometimes fall backwards. My issue is she doesn't seem to have the fear of banging her head so doesn't hold it up/forward, like I've seen some other babies do when they fall, so I am still needing to surround her with pillows. Is this normal? She also sometimes throws herself back head first in a tantrum (think she's frustrated as not moving yet) so again could really hurt herself if I didn't put pillows there. I'm worried I've not let her gain the fear of banging head as I've always protected her either by catching her when she falls or putting pillows there? Obviously don't want her to bump her head so not sure what to do now? Or is this normal and maybe will pass when she starts moving? Also is the balancing on back of bottom normal, she does it quite a lot?! Thanks

BabyBobbins32 Fri 12-Feb-16 18:16:47

Any advice on this would be much appreciated? Thanks

multiplemadness Fri 12-Feb-16 20:04:29

Hiya
I had this a lot with my twins, constantly having cushions and pillows everywhere and getting stressed when people would sit them up and forget to put pillows behind them and they would bang their heads, I thought that stage would never end!

As time went on they eventually grew out of it, they occasionally fall back when they are over excited, but it just sort of clicked one day. The only time they do it now is in their cots for fun. (They are nearly 12 months).

Hopefully will just pass soon for you, although these stages feel like they can last forever!! Xx

BabyBobbins32 Mon 15-Feb-16 15:27:00

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now