Talk

Advanced search

14 mo startling in sleep

(6 Posts)
zombiemeow Wed 10-Feb-16 20:57:42

My 14 mo ds has always been a crap sleeper.

He woke up a while ago and wouldn't settle, which usually happens. I picked him up and was holding him and he kept startling (think that's what it's called? His arms were flying out) every few seconds and went on for quite a while. I managed to get him to sleep, although still startling.

When I put him down he startled again and woke himself up.

I haven't noticed him doing that before. Is it normal? Or should I be worried?

AlwaysDancing1234 Thu 11-Feb-16 19:40:00

My DD was doing this recently, due to pain from teething.
My DS used to have night terrors where he'd have a bad dream and flail around in his sleep. Alarming to watch but all 'normal' and he outgrew it white quickly.

zombiemeow Fri 12-Feb-16 06:50:23

thanks Always. Teething would make sense, he woke up with cheeks that were so red sad

AlwaysDancing1234 Fri 12-Feb-16 09:33:03

Aw poor little guy. DD was awake half the night through teething, bit snotty with it as well. I know some kids cut teeth without fuss by mine both really struggle with it sad
Here's hoping for a better day/night!

AlwaysDancing1234 Fri 12-Feb-16 09:34:14

I meant to say it's worth checking with HV/GP though especially if he has a temperature

zombiemeow Fri 12-Feb-16 18:52:48

No temp and last night was better smile he's up a lot in the night but I'd never seen him do that before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now