Advanced search

Child with no fear!!

(7 Posts)
Hawest1 Sat 30-Jan-16 22:46:10

Ds2 is just over 1 & a half & I swear he is bullet proof!!
He is constantly climbing, falling, fighting, walks into things, face plants, throws himself off things & he walks away quite happy!
He constantly climbs my dining table & the other day actually threw himself from the top of it after I went to get him down. Same day, I went for a shower & as always take him upstairs with me, when I pulled back the shower curtains to exit there he was sat in the sink attempting to eat toothpaste!!
He picks fights with bigger kids, he is a little wind up merchant & punching sweets, juice, anything that he knows will rouse a reaction from the other party.
He falls, or walks into walls/doors etc about a million times a day & doesn't seem to care atall! He split his head open a couple months back & he actually got angry with me for not letting him play! My exact words were 'excuse me son but your head is actually pouring blood so no u can't play we r going to the docs' *screaming match!!*
Nothing bothers him, I swear he could break a leg & still walk away like nothing had happened!!
The worst part about all this is, these events aren't just one offs, he repeats them near enough everyday!! I mean, surely he would learn from them? Surely he would think 'oh that hurt the last time so I'll not do it again' but nope!!!!
I often hear stories about people that are actually able to leave the room for more than 5mins & come back to the kids & surrounding area in the same state they were left in. I actually dream about being one of those people! If I leave a room for more than 5mins I'm scared ds2 has used the bookcase as a ladder & will be eating the fish from the fish tank!!
Please tell me I'm not the only one with an adventurous child that has no fear!?

starpatch Mon 01-Feb-16 21:18:49

Not so extreme but my DS was adventurous at that age. Now he is 3 he is quite cautious. I know its a worry though. I took mine out of house to parks a lot (at least all morning and afternoon sometimes evenings as well!)

1fedupmama Mon 01-Feb-16 22:43:41

If he was allowed he would spend all day everyday outside! But he attempts to climb the walls/gates/fences too. When at the park he runs & runs & runs, & I often get funny looks or spiteful comments when he's climbing the slides etc cause he's still a baby yet does all these things himself. Usually can't stay long as he bolts for the pond about a million times within half an hour so I give up chasing & head home. He is never ending!!
He has a scuttle bug, & I'd think he was a stunt driver the way he goes on with it!! Down hills with no hands (or feet for that matter) over bumps & ramps & just grins as he goes by not caring that he's just gave everyone mega heart failure

starpatch Tue 02-Feb-16 22:41:54

Oh no it does sound quite a stress. I had to avoid parks with water for a while luckily we had other parks nearby. Did you speak to hv? Is there any low cost soft play near you? I know soft play was the only thing gave me bit of respite.

1fedupmama Wed 03-Feb-16 05:32:42

We haven't seen the health visitor in nearly a year, wouldn't even know how to get hold of her now!
He loves soft play but as I don't drive yet it's a bit of a hassle to get to them. He loves walking but it's like having a puppy on a lead when I take him anywhere, he's got to touch everything, run at everything, try all the car doors,... Nightmare! Haha.

starpatch Wed 03-Feb-16 19:08:34

Oh you must be exhausted. Mine made me run 2 miles today with him on the reigns!

OzzieFem Wed 10-Feb-16 12:48:02

You haven't mentioned whether your son actually feels any pain when he does these things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now