Talk

Advanced search

6 year old aggressive behaviour. Please Help!

(2 Posts)
JustALittlePeacePlease Sat 30-Jan-16 12:57:27

My 6 year old son has always been a fairly placid boy. I have always thought of him as the easier of my 2 boys to look after. However about 4 months ago this changed and he has started to have rages and demonstrating extremely aggressive behaviour. He will bite, kick, punch, spit and throw things. It is as though someone has flipped a switch in his head. We have discovered he doesn't like it when we suddenly switch the tv or something like that so we now give him a two minute warning and this has helped to some extent. We have also started putting him in his room with the door shut during his rages to let him cool himself off, he makes a complete mess of the room but on the last two occasions has calmed down and has tidied up the room. We just feel like we are constantly walking on egg shells with him. Now we dos have another baby a while ago, a girl, so that's 3 kiddies in the house. He is absolutely wonderful with her and when we have asked he says he doesn't feel like she getting more attention. We have also asked him numerous times if anything is bothering him etc but he says nothing is. He has had no behaviour problems at school and is doing very well. Please help me, my husband is busy thinking he might have a mental health issue and I am getting very upset.

guinnessgirl Tue 02-Feb-16 23:33:02

No advice I'm afraid, as I'm going through similar with 5yo DS at the moment - but flowers and wine, I really really sympathise. It's a tough time and you are, I am sure, doing your best. We've tried everything we can think of and no solution yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now