At my wits end with my 7month old DD

(6 Posts)
JRWREN2110 Thu 28-Jan-16 17:39:50

Ok so my baby girl USED to be a contented little soul, she was fine as long as she was wrapped up in her sling, we played and laughed and she was such a happy thing. I used to go to exercise classes where she would come and my PT would wear her in the sling and it was all lovely.

Recently she has gotten so angry! I have recently obtained work as a nanny, 3days 7-2 looking after a 18month old and doing a school drop off. I put DD in a sling, still give her tons of attention and love. I am breastfeeding and she fights me at that, even though she is clearly hungry. She constantly throws herself backwards. I knew that it would unsettle her but she whinges and cries ALL THE TIME! I can't do anything right, she cries and I can't do anything right, she rarely smiles and laughs anymore, when with anyone else she just whinges and reaches for me, but when with me I can't seem to do what she needs me too as she is mad at me. It's horrible, in exhausted from starting work again and she is tired too. We are both in tears by evening everyday. I could just fall to pieces. I have to work, at least I'm not putting her in daycare! But my God, I don't know what to do for her, I can't see the end!

breezeharbour Thu 28-Jan-16 17:50:53

Could she be teething?

Picklesauage Fri 29-Jan-16 13:18:19

We have been fighting this the last few weeks.
She is teething I think, but also she wants to be put down more as she can now roll around to get to stuff. She may well be frustrated and making a developmental leap. Hang in there.

Pipsqueak23 Tue 02-Feb-16 01:54:50

Sounds like possible teething. Use teething powders ( I personally found these worked better than the gel) give her bell pepper/cucumber sticks straight from the fridge to chew on. The coldness will help sooth the gums and the favour will help keep her interested

uhoh2016 Tue 02-Feb-16 03:29:43

Maybe as pp said she might be getting fed up of the sling at 7m my ds loved being free to play roll around etc. Could you sit her in a highchair to watch what is going on around her rather than being stuck to you whilst you look after 18mo. I think if I was in a sling from 7-2 I'd be grouchy too, put her down give her some space she's not a newborn anymore

skankingpiglet Wed 03-Feb-16 22:54:13

I would have a good look and feel in her mouth for teeth. Also separation anxiety starts around 7mo so there could be a bit of that thrown in when you talk about her going to other people. Add to that the frustration of wanting to move (is she crawling yet?) and it's a mix for a good whine. YY to putting her down next to you whilst you play with the toddler: She can be close to you but have the space to move if she wants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now