Talk

Advanced search

4.5 months and hardly sleeping!

(4 Posts)
luckymummy81 Thu 21-Jan-16 02:52:43

My 4.5 month old is sleeping for a total of about 8 hours at night (with approx 3 wake ups) and will not nap for longer than 15 mins X 3 during the day. I know she's exhausted because she's rubbing her eyes and getting fussy but no matter what I yet she won't sleep!
Anyone else have a LO who won't sleep?!

scarednoob Thu 21-Jan-16 05:46:07

Mine doesn't sleep much at all during the day and she's 18 weeks. The only things that get a long nap out of her (sometimes) are walks in the buggy and sleeping on me. Sod her comfy cot or chair, or even a nice cuddle - she has to be face down, smothered against me. And wakes up instantly if I move her hmm.

She used to do about 10 hours at night but as you can see from the time I am posting this, she has taken to waking after about 8 hours for a feed. I feel your pain; how do you put a baby down for naps when it simply won't??!

I think all we can do is keep trying and one day hopefully it will work...

luckymummy81 Thu 21-Jan-16 05:57:09

Ha! Yes- same here... Little madam will sleep for an hour or so if on me but as soon as I move her she'll wake up. I suppose we should just enjoy the snuggles!

scarednoob Thu 21-Jan-16 06:14:11

That is what I keep telling myself - they are so little for such a short time! and it's so sweet when they are so happy to see you after having woken you up.

But what wouldn't I give for just one night all by myself in a massive soft hotel bed with thick white duvet and lots of pillows....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now