Talk

Advanced search

Year 7 unhappy in school

(3 Posts)
poppy1973 Tue 19-Jan-16 17:06:32

My child is in Year 7 of a comprehensive. He has been a little unhappy for a while, I wasn't sure what it was . He was in tears after school tonight and finally opened up what the problem was. He feels like older children are targeting him. Regularly pushing him corridors, swearing at him. Not his year group but other children in the school. He is petite and is finding that comments from older children are aimed and targeted at his size.
What should I do ? Inform the school ? Aim for a meeting with his tutor ? Any help and advice offered.

iciclewinter Wed 20-Jan-16 00:16:59

Yes, I think it would be a good idea to arrange a meeting with his tutor. Ask what the school policy is on bullying and what will be done to stop this happening. If this doesn't help you can then try the headteacher, governors etc. but hopefully you won't need to. Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

poppy1973 Wed 20-Jan-16 08:57:05

I managed to get in contact with the head of year as I didn't know how to contact the tutor. Head of year is going to have a chat with my son to find out what is going on. See what happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now