DD will NOT let me put her down at all - at wits end

(10 Posts)
Pantone363 Fri 15-Jan-16 17:13:06

9 months old.

The second her bum touches the floor she screams blue bloody murder until she is picked up again. From dusk to dawn she will NOT go down. It doesn't matter how many toys I put down for her, how much sleep or food she's had she just screams.

I have fucking had enough. I can't even wash the dishes or go to the loo without her screaming. If I pick her up and sit down on the sofa with her she just crawls all over me and trys to pull my hair or grab any cup/laptop in range.

Won't go in the sling, just arches her back and pulls my hair. She is DC 4 fgs I should know what to do by now angry

Pantone363 Fri 15-Jan-16 17:14:17

She's fine once I pick her up and carry her around. Just smiles and babbles away.

The car is equally bad. She kicks off if she even thinks i'm going to put her in her carseat.

selly24 Sat 16-Jan-16 02:55:45

Do you have a playpen? If not get one!. Do very short periods initially - eg 2 mins telling her oh just popping to the loo / going to wash these plates, then praising her when you return. It will be tough initially, but it will get better and she can use the pen bars to pull up, cruise around support walking. Have a box of interesting objects household safe things not just/ necessarily her toys which she only has access to when you need to pop her in. Maybe stick radio 4/ capital fm on too to distract you both! You need to do this for your own sanity ! Good luck! X

Pantone363 Sun 17-Jan-16 11:34:46

Yes sad

She hates it

3littlefrogs Sun 17-Jan-16 11:43:15

Would she enjoy a bouncer? The sort you hang from a door frame?
I had one hanging in the kitchen doorway and they would happily bounce up and down for long enough for me to prepare a meal or make a cup of tea.

It seemed to be something about being upright rather than sitting.

I did find sitting on the floor myself instead of on a chair/sofa meant that they couldn't grab stuff. Obviously not practical all the time I know.

LaContessaDiPlump Sun 17-Jan-16 11:45:15

Hmm. Maybe a different sling, one that can go on your back? That way she can see what's going on in front of you but still feel like she is having a cuddle; different to a front-facing sling.

3littlefrogs Sun 17-Jan-16 11:48:08

We had a sort of back pack when dd was little.

DH managed to carry her about for ages, but my back just wasn't up to it.

ricketytickety Sun 17-Jan-16 11:50:26

I have ds in the room with me but in his chair/standing play thing and that's our compromise. He plays whilst I do cooking/washing up/toilet (use a little bath seat in bathroom with bath toys). It means he can still see me but happpy to play. Floor play I get on the floor with him, with laptop sometimes if I have something else to do. Hoovering I wait until someone else is home. You could try a few compromises like these - they come with you but have to play by themselves when you're doing a chore. This is the sort of thing I mean by standing play thing...
www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5056255.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59156|cid:189942085|agid:18091973005|tid:pla-158525466325|crid:77627773405|nw:g|rnd:17817969111952035615|dvc:c|adp:1o3&gclid=Cj0KEQiAlO20BRCcieCSncPlqqMBEiQAOZGMnBWioJ-ppMYzdNJmzj4vDwIXry1b6-nmGiTdkcvpUCgaAh2Q8P8HAQ

mudandmayhem01 Sun 17-Jan-16 11:53:12

Ergo sling on your back worked for me, also is she mobile yet, she is probably feeling frustrated if cant quite walk or crawl yet. Once she can get where she wants without having to be carried it will probably be easier. Just get the house baby proofed!

Pantone363 Sun 17-Jan-16 11:56:32

She's crawling and pulling up. Will go in the door bouncer whilst I shower if I talk/sing constantly.

Ergo is a fab idea, had one with DC1, had forgotten about them! Have a wrap sling at the moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now