Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

introducing cows milk

(6 Posts)
Becca1818 Mon 04-Jan-16 19:19:34

I hope I'm posting in the correct place as I couldn't find anywhere else to post about this.

I'm after some advice on how best to introduce cows milk to an almost 1 year old who is currently on formula and eats very well during the day.

Any suggestions welcome please. Thank you. smile

waitingforsomething Tue 05-Jan-16 08:11:38

Replace one ounce At a time. So if he has a 6oz bottle make 5oz formula and 1oz cows today. Tomorrow make it 4oz formula and 2oz cows etc until the whole bottle is Cows in about a weeks time.

soundsystem Wed 06-Jan-16 22:52:23

I would just try giving cow's milk and see if he takes it. My DD is 14 months, when she turned one I just gave her a sippy cup with milk in, she drank it, no big fuss! Worth a shot anyway!

SerenityReynolds Thu 07-Jan-16 05:43:38

Same here, we just gave a cup of cows milk. DD drank it without any problems. Alternatively, you could try adding it to cereal/porridge.

waitingforsomething Thu 07-Jan-16 06:20:16

I Did that with my first and altough she was happy to drink it she got really constipated. That's why I did it gradually with DS - went better

TheMasterMurderedMargarita Thu 07-Jan-16 06:38:22

Second the gradual introduction or dilute with water to avoid constipation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now