Talk

Advanced search

hair washing hell

(7 Posts)
Iamfoxy Sun 03-Jan-16 17:47:37

Hi, has anyone any tips on how to get a three year old to stop screaming when it comes to hair washing. All rational, logical processes have been exhausted. He loves swimming, he loves lying back. He just won't let us wash his hair (or trim his nails or hair).

Artandco Sun 03-Jan-16 17:53:16

Give him the shampoo and let him do it himself

Tbh if it's wet from water lying back I think that's fine at 3 years. It's only getting odd bits of mud/ dirt out, they don't actually have teenage greasy hair. I didn't use any shampoo on kids hair until over 2 anyway

Turtle4 Mon 04-Jan-16 11:39:11

Hi I cut my son's nails when he is asleep. I also try trim his hair when he sleeps! Or bribe him and do it quickly when he is awake. He goes crazy at the hairdressers so have given up on that. He also hates washing his hair. I try and wash it without him noticing. I use a spray can full of water to wet it, while he plays. Good luck smile

dementedpixie Mon 04-Jan-16 11:43:47

One of those hoses that attach to the bath taps?

MintSource Mon 04-Jan-16 13:37:06

I use a soft microfibre flannel on the back of DS's head while he's playing. He's 16 months. Most of the time he doesn't even notice.

Recently I realised that his hair is very rarely dirty enough to need shampooing and just a gentle sponging does the trick.

Iamfoxy Mon 04-Jan-16 21:36:34

Thank you all X grin

Smoothyloopy Mon 04-Jan-16 21:43:55

DS 6 doesn't like having his hair shampooed but likes a shower. He just lets the water run over his head, no soap, unless he has something actually stuck in his hair. His hair always looks clean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now