End of my teather with my 2 yr old

(8 Posts)
Louisjohnsmum Fri 01-Jan-16 13:23:51

My son is two in February can't talk properly and gets up at seven am and bangs two toys together to get nannys attention (we live at mums ) he doesn't bother with me getting up he just Goes straight to my mum and starts screaming at her ??? He hits all the time and screams a lot for not getting his own way or sometimes for no reason at all he is always so unhappy and is obsessed with dolls and vacuum cleaners peppa pig too please please please can anyone recommend anything ?? I'm 20 I often wonder if I had a baby to young and that's why he does all this ??

Debsmumof3 Fri 01-Jan-16 18:49:37

Oh sweetheart. Being a mum is not an easy run. My daughter didn't talk properly until she was 4. She was a biter. It was her way of expressing herself. May that's your little one's way. I am no expert. Seven is a good wake up time. Maybe if you got up as soon as you heard home and I don't know - sit with him in his room and enjoy a book together. It may take a while but perhaps it could set a new routine for him. Late talkers eventually talk. My daughter was a late reader too. But they all catch up in the end. Time and talking to him face to face or in a cuddle is the most valuable thing you can give him.
Don't beat yourself up. And don't live on your mobile in his company. X
And above all. Just be the best you can be. You can't do any more. And that's all he needs.

Louisjohnsmum Sat 02-Jan-16 19:38:29

Thank you for your advice and support debs mum x I will try that actually reading with him sounds fun xxsmile

MrsDeVere Sat 02-Jan-16 19:47:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Louisjohnsmum Sat 02-Jan-16 21:02:31

Thank you mrs de vere for your help and support it actually is starting to make sense now you have put it like that ! X and I will start doing the choosing game with him , it will be a good start and an interesting journey on what he does and does not actually like x

Artandco Sat 02-Jan-16 21:07:02

Sounds normal also.

Can you shut bedroom door if he's in York room so he can't get other's attention straight away? Move his toys out of reach in bedroom apart from books and teddies so he can't just bang them when he wakes. I would bring him into your bed at 7am when he wakes and get a routine of him choosing a few books you can read with him. Hopefully he will enjoy that and begin to come t your bed with books when he wakes rather than banging for others.
When your reading books ask him questions and get him to point stuff out, like ' where is the red car'

Artandco Sat 02-Jan-16 21:08:58

Your room not York!

Louisjohnsmum Sat 02-Jan-16 21:57:25

Thank you artandco for your ideas I think also this would be a good idea x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now