Talk

Advanced search

I'm really struggling with my 10 year olds behaviour

(4 Posts)
chocoholic05 Fri 18-Dec-15 20:51:07

My ten year old ds1 is becoming increasingly difficult to deal with. Every day I feel like I am a huge failure as a parent and I don't know what to do anymore. Ds1 is rude to me and everyone else in the family. He is extremely aggressive. Shouts. And if he doesn't get his own way shouts louder. He tells me and his family to shut up all the time. Punches me and calls me an idiot. It's been going on for weeks. Since I lost my baby in the October half term. I'm at the end of my tether with him I just don't know what to do (sad

wonkylampshade Fri 18-Dec-15 21:16:13

Assuming you've ruled out any emotional or development issues, Is he modelling the behaviour of any of the adults around him op? Might sound a strange question but my dsc have quite an aggressive mother and they can sometimes behave in a similar way.

wonkylampshade Fri 18-Dec-15 21:16:34

Sorry about your baby flowers

somanymiles Fri 18-Dec-15 21:19:38

I'm so sorry about your baby. You are probably really miserable right now and your 10 year old can tell. This will pass. Try to be consistent and give him consequences for his behaviour but realise this is not bad parenting at all, this is just him expressing his feelings. Even if he didn't know about the baby he will sense things are not right with you. Hang in there and it will get better. If it doesn't have you thought of counselling? The school might be able to help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now