Talk

Advanced search

6yo DS been feeling sick for 2 weeks - could it be just excitement over Xmas??

(7 Posts)
mandbaby Fri 18-Dec-15 06:26:19

As the title says. My 6yo son has been feeling sick for two weeks. Yesterday morning he was crying so much I took him to the doctors who could find nothing wrong with him. We've asked him if there's a problem with school but on the contrary, he says he doesn't feel sick at school and loves to go. We've wondered if he's just over excited about Christmas and is confusing anxiety/butterflies with sickness. Has anybody else cone across this? It seems very severe. Yesterday morning he was a s white as a sheet and shaking a little, hence my visit to the doctor. He's gone from eating really well, especially at breakfast, to eating hardly anything at all. This last few days he's barely eaten a thing sad

mandbaby Fri 18-Dec-15 11:45:40

Anyone?

SconeForAStroll Fri 18-Dec-15 11:55:11

Did the gp do a dip test for sugar in his urine?

SconeForAStroll Fri 18-Dec-15 11:57:38

Sorry, that was really blunt, and I don't mean to scare you - but looking back tummy aches that were non specific, came and went, but meant he didn't want to eat were one of the symptoms of ds developing Type 1'diabetes.

Is he drinking lots of water?

mandbaby Fri 18-Dec-15 13:38:16

No, no urine test. In fact, I even had to ask the doctor to check his ears for an ear infection as I wondered if that was making him sick. He's not drinking much at all tbh. This morning was the same as yesterday: Hardly any breakfast, as white as a sheet, crying a little (he's not normally mardy). I'd blame end-of-term fatigue but he's not needing any more sleep at night than he usually has.

SconeForAStroll Fri 18-Dec-15 18:01:26

Forgive me badgering you, but here is a link to symptoms for type 1.

We spent 7 weeks going to the gp. Firstly they said it was a virus. Then another virus. Then a grumbly appendix. It reached the point that I thought ds had leukaemia.

He didn't have the classic thirsty reaction either, but he was exhausted, sleeping poorly and being sick.

A nurse should be able to do a simple dipstick test and rule it out easily

mandbaby Fri 18-Dec-15 20:20:57

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now