Talk

Advanced search

my child hates me

(4 Posts)
StirCrazy86 Tue 15-Dec-15 21:03:24

My youngest is 2 and a half and I genuinely believe she hates me. She doesn't just tantrum, I went through tantrums with my elder 2 (now 5 and 9) but she is violent; she hits, bites, pulls hair, pinches, kicks - but only me. Never anyone else. If her sisters get in her way she might give them a smack in anger, she has occasionally bitten them if she's very angry, but nothing compared to the assault she launches at me daily. Daddy doesn't get so much as a flick. He still gets tantrums and lots of screaming but no violence. I'm finding it increasingly hard to keep my patience and not take it personally. It feels very personal. I feel like the worst mother in the world.

ruthsmaoui77 Tue 15-Dec-15 22:33:01

Sorry to hear you are having such a touch time.xx There is no way your Dd hates you. She is most likely worst for you because she feels safest with you. It will get better. Best wishes xx

hannahncakes Thu 17-Dec-15 12:50:08

Really sorry you're going through this, it must be so tough.
I agree that it's probably because you are with her a lot and she feels close to you that she reacts in this way. She is still very young and it will stop eventually.
Sorry there's not more I can say to help but hang in there x

longdiling Thu 17-Dec-15 13:11:53

I know it's not very helpful and it must feel like crap but it really is because she feels completely safe and secure in your love. She knows she can completely lose it and you'll still love her when she calms down.

How do you deal with it when she does this? Are there any trigger points? Does your DH back you up and show his disapproval when she behaves like this to you? I'm wondering if you could get your older two on board to model some loving behaviour towards you. Lots of praise and rewards when they give you a cuddle or speak to you with respect? Try and make her see that she'll win more attention through love than anger!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now