Talk

Advanced search

when did your DC drop naps?

(12 Posts)
shoopshoopsong Tue 15-Dec-15 15:33:30

When did your baby/toddler drop naps? DS is 20months and has started dropping his nap some days.. I'm not ready for this!!

Diddlydokey Tue 15-Dec-15 15:35:01

He was about 3 but still has one at the weekend usually - he's 3.5 now.

There were a couple of phases where he was a bit difficult to settle and he napped on the sofa for a while but I persevered with the nap.

purpleme12 Tue 15-Dec-15 20:06:27

When she turned 1 it was about then

TeenAndTween Wed 16-Dec-15 12:54:44

DD was around 2y8mnths.
But if we were in the car after lunch she would nod off.

I replaced naps with 'quiet time' snuggling in front of TV, or sharing books. As much for me as for her!

One of her friends was still napping at 4y11 months - i.e. right up to the time she started school!

Witchend Wed 16-Dec-15 13:12:13

dd1 was 4yo nearly 5yo, when she started school.
Dd2 was about 18 months
ds was about 2.6yo when he stopped having them every day, but would have about once a fortnight until he was about 3.6yo.

Rinceoir Wed 16-Dec-15 13:16:03

My 19month olds naps have been getting shorter, 1.5hours at most, and she skips it entirely some days. I'm trying to encourage her to keep it though!

Fender1 Wed 16-Dec-15 13:22:15

My first dropped their naps at 17/18 mo and #2 at 22 mo is not napping 2 out of 7 days. If they are sleeping less at night or taking ages to go off in day it's prob time to create 'quiet time' during day instead.
I mourned the loss at first but actually makes the day loads more flexible.

shoopshoopsong Wed 16-Dec-15 14:09:37

You're right Fender it would make the day more flexible but I'm ill and 6 months pregnant and could use a nap myself! Quite time is a good idea, he does take a long time to get to sleep at night too, he's a bit of a live wire

RiverTam Wed 16-Dec-15 14:22:01

2 yrs 9 months. It was a shock, I can tell you and I resisted it for a while. Then we had quiet time which might be stories in my bed or a film.

Once you get used to it it certainly does make the day more flexible. But then you have the fun of returning from somewhere at 4pm desperately trying to stop them from falling asleep! Windows open, radio blaring and jiggle whatever bit you can reach at the lights.

flanjabelle Wed 16-Dec-15 14:26:54

If you desperately need a nap, snuggle him up in bed with you. I bet he would have a sleep then.

Dd is 2.2, and is getting close to dropping hers now. She only wants to sleep for 40 mins in the day, but I'm sure she needs more as she is grumpy in the afternoon. Not really sure how to proceed!

CPtart Wed 16-Dec-15 14:34:31

DS1 at 12 months.
DS2 at 3 years.

waitingforsomething Wed 16-Dec-15 16:47:00

2.2 for dd. If she slept in the day she would be awake till after 9pm which doesn't suit us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now