Talk

Advanced search

Hand Foot and Mouth Spots

(4 Posts)
Liskee Fri 11-Dec-15 09:33:26

I'm not really sure if this is the place to be posting this, but fingers crossed someone out there has had experience and can offer some advice. My 1 year old had HFM earlier this month and has recovered well. The blisters burst, the scabs have gone and he is back to his normal tinkerish self, eating and drinking and sleeping again. The only issue is that the blisters/spots have left red marks all over his face, arms and legs and they don't seem to be disappearing. Has anyone had any experience of this and got any guidance on how long it may take for the red marks left by the HFM rash to fade? I've determined that if there's no substantial difference in the next week then I'm going to go back to the Doctor to see if this is something I actually need to be worrying about! Any help would be gratefully received :-)

ruthsmaoui77 Fri 11-Dec-15 15:53:50

Hello, I have four children and they all got HFM when toddlers. I can remember there being red spots after the blisters burst, but since the youngest is now 7 I can't remember how long they took to disappear (so not much help really). But none of the children have red spots now. Hopefully someone with much more recent experience will comment soon.

Naty1 Sat 12-Dec-15 17:36:33

we had it mid oct, and still have some redness. i might try bio-oil or other scar cream on it

munchkinmaster Sat 12-Dec-15 17:38:02

My babs took a good couple of weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now