Talk

Advanced search

Grunty, moany, stretchy 6 week old?!

(7 Posts)
MrsA2015 Wed 09-Dec-15 14:01:31

I don't think I've ever come across such a noise baby as my DD! She can go for around an hour grunting and stretching _really loudly_(with her eyes closed) before waking, almost like she can't wake up on her own. Not a sleepy baby as such, very alert otherwise, always wanting to look around and be nosey like mum.

So just wondering if any of you have had similar experiences.

MrsBalustradeLanyard Wed 09-Dec-15 14:06:31

Yes, tiny babies are so noisy! They quieten down after a while...

scarednoob Thu 10-Dec-15 10:53:00

God yes, mine is like a piglet oinking around in the straw!

She's slightly better by 12 weeks, but still kept me awake jumping up to see if she was awake between 4-5am last night with her thrashing and grunting. I'd love to know what they dream about.

She also used to let out this bleating, like a baby goat crossed with an evil witch. It was v freaky to be woken up by that in the middle of the night! But that has also stopped by now; I almost miss it.

MrsA2015 Thu 10-Dec-15 12:15:40

scarednoob, She also used to let out this bleating, like a baby goat crossed with an evil witch that made me giggle! It's so strange I never thought they could be so vocal so young!

scarednoob Thu 10-Dec-15 17:43:04

I know! Sleeping like a baby, my arse!!!

PenelopeChipShop Sat 12-Dec-15 08:19:48

Yes mine did that as a tiny baby. Even when he was asleep he sounded like he could be awake or waking, and I spent ages wondering if he wanted picking up or was ok. If the eyes are shut I think they are asleep! you won't be though

YeOldeTrout Sat 12-Dec-15 08:39:24

awwwwwwww. Easy to say since they aren't mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now