Talk

Advanced search

Unusual change in behaviour

(9 Posts)
P0cahontas Mon 07-Dec-15 18:55:09

Title says it all really.

He is normally very well behaved at school and at home, but for the past week it is like he is a different child.

Not doing what he is told at home and at school, answering back, very grumpy and stroppy.

I keep asking him why is he misbehaving and not doing as he is told and his response every time is "because I don't like you"

I really don't know what approach to take to his bad behaviour.

Can I please please get some advice?

ALaughAMinute Mon 07-Dec-15 19:04:22

Hormones? Something troubling him at home or at school?

How old is he?

P0cahontas Mon 07-Dec-15 19:11:58

He is 7 and I don't think anything is troubling him, we have/had a wonderful mother and son relationship he tells/told me everything.

Everyday when I collect him from school I ask him 'did anyone do or say anything that made you feel upset'

I really don't know what to tackle this, he won't come near me. I am a single parent he goes to his dad's every weekend, I've asked him has he seen a change in his behaviour and he hasn't, I just want this to stop and go back to normal.

Ferguson Mon 07-Dec-15 23:02:12

He might be getting fed up with you continually asking him. Lay off him, for a while.

ImperialBlether Mon 07-Dec-15 23:04:36

I think he's probably just really tired. Perhaps start the going to bed process a bit earlier? Is he worse when he's hungry?

P0cahontas Tue 08-Dec-15 06:10:13

Imperial he is a good refuser tears at the table every morning and evening. I think everything is ok now because he came in my room in the middle of the night for a cuddle so let's hope he is back to his usual self when he wakes up.

amarmai Mon 14-Dec-15 03:29:13

An unusual change in behaviour is caused by something. I'd ask to talk to his teacher and see what is going on at school with work , other cc, He doesn't mean it when he says he doesn't like you. But there is something /someone that he doesn't like. Would he respond to you telling him stories about things/people who you do not like? You can make them fictional , but real might work better. Would it be helpful to ask his father to chat with him , or grandparents, or---?Ask him what the two of you could do to help him feel better . Perhaps there is some activity that he would like to go to.

Witchend Mon 14-Dec-15 06:49:02

Is it just this week you're asking him if someone's upset his at school?
Because it seems a strange thing to greet him with. Most people would only ask that if there were issues.

ApologiesToInsectLife Mon 14-Dec-15 06:53:14

My 7 yo ds has been grumpy and stroppy recently. Basically he's tired, had loads of colds/coughs and needs some time off school! Could it just be that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now