Talk

Advanced search

2x Full Bottles of milk at bedtime!?!

(7 Posts)
PositivePete Thu 03-Dec-15 19:43:42

2 year old DS. Normally eats 2 to 3 good meals a day & a full 9oz bottle of milk at bedtime. (I still give him a bottle, don't flame me!)

Anyway .... Last 3 nights he's been finishing his bottle & then half an hour to an hour later he will scream for another bottle (I've been giving him another one)

He hasn't eaten a great dinner the last few days so I'm wondering if he's hungry or can anyone else think why he would want another full 9oz bottle?

Am I being a knob by letting him have another bottle? Don't know what's going on!

toffeeboffin Thu 03-Dec-15 19:47:02

You've basically described what happened to our DS last night.

Full bottle (yes, us too) of milk at 7pm. Bed, straight to sleep. Moaning at midnight, hungry. Gave him another full bottle, slept till 6:30am.

He had dinner at 5:30pm, scrambled egg, yogurt, crackers, fruit, peanut butter, few mouths of chilli con carne.

I figured he was still hungry!

Tonight he is going to be stuffed from dinner. No way I'm getting up at midnight again!

toffeeboffin Thu 03-Dec-15 19:48:12

Not sure what your DS is like but after nursery he is basically too excited to eat and takes a loooong time to calm down.

PennyHasNoSurname Thu 03-Dec-15 19:50:07

Could you try weetabix/porrige 30 mins before bed,then a bottle just before going down?

PositivePete Thu 03-Dec-15 21:01:51

Yes - he is over excited after nursery pick up so it's always a BT chaotic!

Like the idea of porridge! I'll try that tomorrow grin

Eminado Sat 05-Dec-15 23:18:02

So glad i am not the only bottle giver!

rach2713 Mon 07-Dec-15 00:25:22

I'm so glad to my daughter will be 3 on the 19th of this month and still has a bottle before bed and groans in her sleep for another one about 2 3 in the morning. She had 2 good meals a day refuses breakfast tried everything even spoken to hv. I'm just hoping she will grow out of it have tried reducing the milk and adding water didn't make a difference

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now