Talk

Advanced search

please help!!! i am freaking the hell out!!

(12 Posts)
Doublebubblebubble Thu 03-Dec-15 06:47:55

Hi all. Really looking for a hand to hold....
I am taking him to the gps literally as soon as I can but I was just taking a picture of my son (7 weeks on Friday) and I didn't realise the flash was on.
I've read about if one eye is different to the other... Oh god I'm freaking the fuck out...

Doublebubblebubble Thu 03-Dec-15 06:49:18

I should add he is a very happy baby gaining weight too... Fuck!!!

madwomanbackintheattic Thu 03-Dec-15 06:55:11

I don't know what you think you can see, but the only difference I see is that half of his face is in the shade and a bit squashed from the bedding. Bog standard red-eye from here... Take a breath.

madwomanbackintheattic Thu 03-Dec-15 06:56:46

Bonny too, look at those cheeks! smile

SisterViktorine Thu 03-Dec-15 06:58:25

I don't see a difference in pupil size in that picture- they look the same to my, just different intensities of red eye due to the position of his head. Do his pupils look different if you just look at him in daylight?

He is lovely by the way- congratulations. flowers

winchester1 Thu 03-Dec-15 06:58:28

I thought it was if one eye is white rather than red it may be an issue. Diff levels of red is just to do with how dilated the pupil is. Have you taken more ics and got the same reaction?

Whatsinaname2011 Thu 03-Dec-15 06:58:44

Hi sorry you're panicking but I think it's fine. In retinoblastoma the public reflects white. Bright pure white. The photo you've attached isn't the same colour retina as in those with eye cancer.

Whatsinaname2011 Thu 03-Dec-15 06:59:21

Cross post with everyone else. Seems we all agree. That's just a classic red eye photo.

lougle Thu 03-Dec-15 07:43:16

Yup. Nothing to see here. Google 'retinoblastoma photo' and you'll see the difference between a sinister photo and your photo.

Doublebubblebubble Thu 03-Dec-15 07:48:27

Okay confused - I am such a worry wart. I'll leave him be thank you x

ruthsmaoui77 Thu 03-Dec-15 13:25:58

What a gorgeous little boy!!! Congratulations x

birdyflap Thu 03-Dec-15 13:35:58

They don't look that different, but you could always get him checked out to be certain or if it happens in other pictures.

I have had one of mine checked out and it did turn out just to be the flash but they were very happy to see him (an opthalmologist rather than the gp in our case but mine was older).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now