Talk

Advanced search

Am I unreasonable to my MIL and partner?

(9 Posts)
Willow123707 Wed 02-Dec-15 17:33:33

My partner is really angry with me, calling me all sorts via text as we speak.

My LO is 4 months old. She usually sees her nan (my MIL) at the least once a week and often it is twice a week. She hasn't seen her since last Wednesday because we were not able to attend dinner on Sunday like usual. LO fell sound asleep about an hour ago, her injections have made her very sleepy, me and partner have both noticed this since Monday. So I asked my partner not to wake her from her sleep, to get her dressed and then take her to his mums because she was sound asleep and I didn't see it fair to wake and mess with her. We are due to spend the ENTIRE day with the inlaws on Sunday, so I didn't think I was unreasonable, but my partner thinks im this awful person because now his mum won't see her until Sunday.

I think he's out of line kicking off about this, most grandparents don't have the privilege of seeing their grandchildren as often as she does. Who is in the wrong here?

ImperialBlether Wed 02-Dec-15 17:38:01

Is there something stopping your MIL from getting into a car/bus/taxi and coming over?

ImperialBlether Wed 02-Dec-15 17:39:07

I think once a week is really reasonable. Many see their grandchildren much, much less often than this.

tiktok Wed 02-Dec-15 17:41:06

Based on what you have said here, nothing you have done is unreasonable and why would any text abuse be justified anyway?

The situation sounds like a big fuss about nothing.

Why is this in behaviour/development folder?

manana21 Wed 02-Dec-15 17:41:13

Given she's only 4 mos, and just had jabs he's being silly. Why can't mil come to you if she's desperate to watch a sleeping baby? I wouldn't wake one of mine up after they've had their jabs. He shouldn't be being nasty to you about it either.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Wed 02-Dec-15 17:43:10

I think your DP needs to back off. You can change Sunday. New parenting is tiring. They should be going oit of their way to accomodate you.
Cant DP take baby ON his OWN, if its that impprtant to HIM?

VimFuego101 Wed 02-Dec-15 17:43:42

Does your MIL not have legs to come and visit you? Your partner sounds ridiculous. Does he often call you names over things like this?

ImperialBlether Wed 02-Dec-15 17:57:25

If I were a grandmother I wouldn't want my little grandchild being woken up and taken to visit me, not when I saw her regularly. If your MIL wanted what was best for her GC, she'd leave her be.

JustAWeeProblem Wed 02-Dec-15 18:03:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now