Talk

Advanced search

Cruising before crawling?

(11 Posts)
JustAWeeProblem Wed 02-Dec-15 16:16:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Akire Wed 02-Dec-15 16:22:57

Some children never crawl some just bum shuffle then get up and walk. Don't worry it's just pulling self up and walking holding on to you is faster way than being frustrated being stuck on floor.

minipie Wed 02-Dec-15 16:23:33

DD did this. She loved being "walked" with me holding her hands, from about 8 months. She started pulling to stand and a bit of cruising at about 9m and I thought she'd never crawl. (Hated tummy time and would roll onto back immediately). Then about a week after she got good at pulling up she started crawling! She then crawled and cruised and eventually walked at about 12.5 months... she also bypassed standing!

WhispersOfWickedness Wed 02-Dec-15 16:25:24

It sounds like he will just walk smile Not every baby crawls...

bruffin Wed 02-Dec-15 16:27:48

DS never crawled and walked at 10 months. He only ever dragged himself along by his elbows, not comando because he didnt alternate, more like an inch worm. I never understand why people dont want early walkers. DS was a lump and it is much easier to put them down if they are walking. DD was a demon crawler and she was much faster at getting into trouble than ds was.

Littlef00t Wed 02-Dec-15 21:48:05

Dd cruised for ages and only crawled when it was quicker to get from a to b crawling rather than cruising via the sofa, table and mum's legs.

She would stand holding on to something v confidently for a few months, before walking at 13 months.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Wed 02-Dec-15 21:51:57

I hope my mum isn't still waiting for me to crawl... I am in my 40s now!

Your ds is getting mobile. He is fine!

JustAWeeProblem Fri 04-Dec-15 15:42:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CoodleMoodle Fri 04-Dec-15 15:44:56

That's great OP!

DD is 21mo. Cruised at 10mo. Walked at 12mo, independently at 13mo. She still can't crawl, or bum shuffle! Only just started getting to her feet from her bum in the last few weeks. Odd things, babies!

Purplelooby Mon 07-Dec-15 15:41:39

Yep my DD and I have some theories about why. She cruised at 7 months and despite being on her tummy loads only crawled at 10.5 months, then took her first steps 2 weeks later. Her brother was the opposite and I have some theories...

DD had massive thighs and these genuinely hindered leg movement!
The furniture was laid out differently for DD than DS.
DD was generally less of an explorer than DS.

Yamyam13 Wed 09-Dec-15 12:13:39

CoodleMoodle, My DD was exactly the same! Never crawled, didnt even bum shuffle or any kind of shuffle, walked independantly at 11 months, but only figured out how to get up on her own from sitting around 14/15 months, and then finally figured out crawling about 18m! So I've never experienced a crawling baby in my house... My DD is very petite and slight, but long, I read somewhere the crawl skippers often are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now