Talk

Advanced search

Poo everywhere again!!!!!

(6 Posts)
slightlyinsane Sun 22-Nov-15 10:30:38

I've just spent an hour cleaning the kids bathroom because of my 5 1/2 yr ds's toileting behaviour.
He was late to toilet train (3 1/2) and has only just started wiping his own bum. Very stubborn little bugger. In the past 3 weeks I've had to clean everything in their bathroom 4 times and when I say clean I'm talking seriously deep clean because he keeps wiping poo on everything. Toilet, floor, walls, door, bath, sinks you name it and he's covered it. I've had to throw so many toothbrushes away it's stupid.
I explain why he can't do it, what happens to others if they touch it. What he can do if he needs help etc
This isn't normal behaviour of a 5 yr old is it??? Never had to deal with this with his sisters.

EverythingsShinyCaptnNotToFret Sun 22-Nov-15 15:43:28

Does he have any other additional needs?

slightlyinsane Sun 22-Nov-15 20:05:05

Nothing that's diagnosed, I think he has some behavioural stuff going on but no one believes me when I explain what he's like at home because he behaves everywhere else. I'd expect this kind of stuff from a 2/3 year old not a 5 1/2 year old

Littlefish Sun 22-Nov-15 20:06:22

I would suggest supervising him in the toilet until this behaviour stops. Is that practical?

BrandNewAndImproved Sun 22-Nov-15 20:08:27

That isn't normal in my experience.

He is five, if he's nt he should know that's not acceptable behaviour.

slightlyinsane Sun 22-Nov-15 20:10:19

Yes and no, if the kids are playing upstairs he'll go without telling me and if he decides to use the upstairs loo I can't leave the twins to go and supervise him. I've tried to tell him to use the loo downstairs but he seems to forget

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now