Talk

Advanced search

DD1 jealous of new baby?

(2 Posts)
Pinkbabe1 Thu 19-Nov-15 22:49:35

Asking for experiences/advice - at my wits end

DD1 is 2 years and 4 months and DS1 is 7 weeks old. Never had an issue with her loving her brother or showing him affection but -

Her behaviour has become unbearable since his birth. Tantrums, not listening, refusal to eat tea at home but will eat at nannies house etc

I'm not sure whether this is jealousy or coincidence of terrible twos starting? I'm just so fed up, all I seem to do is tell her off/shout/put in time out

Feels like our relationship is going down hill - before the birth of DS1 she was a totally different child.

I've tried all avenues - spending time with her on her own, hard approach, soft approach, not paying DS1 as much attention until she goes to bed - but none of it seems to make a difference.

Am I missing something here? DH commented that I'm starting to shout at her a lot sad I don't know what to do

truevintage72 Fri 20-Nov-15 05:34:13

Dear Pinkbabe1,

I can totally relate to how you're feeling, when my son was born, my daughter (three years old at the time) went through quite a bitter phase. Following this change in behaviour, we invested in a highly sought-after Norland nanny, at a very reasonable rate. This meant that I was able to spend more time away from my children, enjoying the finer things in life. It sounds like you too should have some time away from your children- perhaps it'll instill some gumption in them.

Hope this helps,
santa

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now