Talk

Advanced search

sitting vs rolling

(5 Posts)
comeagainforbigfudge Tue 17-Nov-15 08:20:24

My dd is 23weeks old (almost)

She's been rolling from back to front since about 8 weeks and does roll from front to back but since she's learned how to sit, she's not interested.

This is normal isn't it? I do put her on the floor a lot to give her time to practise/learn. I'm kinda thinking that one day she'll get bored with sitting and the rolling will start again with avengeance or she'll start crawling shock

MummaGiles Tue 17-Nov-15 08:23:31

Oh yeah very normal. They move on to their new trick and forget a bit about previous development, but they remember again soon enough. Sounds like your LO is developing well!

comeagainforbigfudge Tue 17-Nov-15 08:29:05

thanks Mumma I thought it would be the case but just needed to bounce it off someone for reassurance as I'm trying to stay away from books/google trust my instincts.

Yes she it's doing well. Scarily well. Everyone that sees her sitting says "she'll be walking by 9 months" eek!!

Headmelt Tue 17-Nov-15 08:29:56

8 weeks is very soon to be rolling over by herself so she's developing very well. Tummy time helps buildo the muscles and core strength for sitting and posture

comeagainforbigfudge Tue 17-Nov-15 16:18:53

I know headmelt. She was lifting her head pretty much as soon as she was born. Honest! HV was amazed with how strong she was!

She's just spent the last two hours rolling about her cot quite happily chatting to herself instead of sleeping so plenty of tummy time grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now