Talk

Advanced search

3yo constantly moving

(3 Posts)
EnglishGirlApproximately Fri 13-Nov-15 10:56:18

I suspect I'm going to get told its normal but my 3 year olds constant movement is starting to drive me mad. He's never still and it's noticeable next to other children his age. To give some examples - waiting outside nursery he's walking up,and down, dancing, hopping etc. Whilst most of his classmates are just waiting in line. If he's watching tv he can't just sit, he's moving chairs and walking round the room whilst still watching. In his sleep he's tapping the wall or his head. It's not really lack of concentration I don't think, he's happy to sit and colour but will start sitting, then kneel on the chair, then stand next to the table.....

It sounds petty but it's really draining, it takes ages to get him ready in a morning as I have to chase him round to brush his hair, teeth etc, It can take 10 minutes to get his coat on as he's twirling around whilst doing it. Anyone else had this? Is there any way to encourage him to be still? He'll sit hitting himself in the car and trying to run when we need to queue anywhere and it's exhausting.

Mundelfall Fri 13-Nov-15 13:50:28

I wanted to say completely normal until I read your last sentence about him hitting himself in the car and then re-reading about tapping the wall or hitting his head in his sleep. I don't find that normal and would get some advice from your GP/HV to see what they think.
flowers

EnglishGirlApproximately Fri 13-Nov-15 14:16:48

Thanks mundell. I'm naturally averse to seeing a gp unless I am very ill so it seems an odd thing to go about, just scared of being told I'm time wasting I suppose. I think I do need to see someone though, he's a great little boy but I end up getting so frustrated with hi as everything is hard work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: