Talk

Advanced search

DS 15m - Separation Anxiety

(3 Posts)
cjt110 Thu 05-Nov-15 16:38:26

DS is a very confident, stubborn but happy little man. He happily plays with us and on his own, is always within sight of us (our house is all open plan) so had the reassurance we are always near him. He goes to my parents 3/5 days and nursery 2/5 and this has been since he was 6m (same carers throughout). Lately (say the last 2-3m), when I leave him at nursery, as soon as I go to leave he cries, wants picking up etc. It only happens at nursery.

Any ideas why just at nursery? Any suggestions on how I can help ease this for him?

Thanks in advance

Ferguson Thu 05-Nov-15 17:27:17

And how is he after you have left, and during the day? Ask the staff how he is - I'm sure they will say he quickly recovers.

I always have a theory that as children get older, and more aware of 'self' and their surroundings, things that they weren't aware of as tiny babies, gradually become more important as they realise that, sometimes, they ARE in a position to influence people or their environment.

cjt110 Fri 06-Nov-15 09:28:03

Thanks for your reply Ferguson

He is fine within minutes of me leaving and is fine during the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now