Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Routine for 7 month old?!

(5 Posts)
GembalouB Wed 04-Nov-15 10:35:37

What are your routines for your 7 (or thereabouts) month olds?!

Ours goes as as follow;

Wakes any time between 7 and 8 and has a 7oz bottle.
8.30 breakfast - porridge
10.30 7oz bottle
12ish lunch, either toast or a sandwich.
2.30 7oz bottle
5ish dinner - mashed veg and fruit.
6.30pm 7oz bottle and bed.

So I have a couple of questions!
Is she having too much milk? I've heard they'll drop them when they're ready, when does this generally happen? She's showing no signs of dropping any of hers, she loves her milk!
Is 3 spoons of porridge enough breakfast or should I offer something else with it?
What else can I offer for lunch? Should she be having fruit too? She does occasionally but I don't want her getting a sweet tooth! What sort of fruit and veg is good?!
Also, fromage frais, are any of them any good or are they all full of sugar? Should I just go for natural yogurt instead?
What else can I offer in the way of meals?!

Sorry for all the questions, just want to know I'm on the right track! Hopefully someone can help me! smile

Mrscog Wed 04-Nov-15 13:35:59

I don't know - my DS is 28 weeks and we're having a few days in so I can establish a nap routine, his sleep at night has been poor and I think it's because he hasn't been getting quality sleep in the day. (My DS1 was on a water tight regime by this point).

I don't think it's too much milk, but I've only ever BF so I don't really ever know how much my two have had. Is yours enjoying food? DS2 is still at the licking a tiny amount stage at the moment so not really into it. DS1 was quicker and at 7 months he probably had more than 3 spoonfuls of porridge, probably half a baby bowl full, but it was one of his favourite meals!

Most fromage frais has added sugar (1 tsp per pot in Petit Filous case!!) but I've always just stirred fruit puree into full fat natural yoghurt instead. Have you tried omelettes yet? They can be good and you can add little pieces of veg in like onion, broccoli, tomato etc.

At dinner I'd go on to proper meals mashed up - spag bol, fish pie etc. if she's doing well with the veg. You might find she starts dropping some milk then too.

ffffffedup Wed 04-Nov-15 15:37:28

She's got plenty time to reduce milk my ds was the same he loves his milk and would happily have it over food. My ds is 8mo and has a similar routine although he tends to have weetabix for breakfast which he has about 2oz milk added to it. I think milk should form the majority of their intake until around 12m. She'll drop it when she's ready. As long as she's happy and gaining weight I wouldn't worry about it she sounds perfectly fine

ffffffedup Wed 04-Nov-15 15:40:54

Ps yes I give my ds petit filous yogurts. I find scrambled egg an easy dinner with some ham and cheese or with a few spoons of beans.

Tfoot75 Wed 04-Nov-15 15:46:20

My lo didn't start to reduce milk intake til around 8/9 months. There are fromage frais on the market that don't have added sugar but not many. Tesco goodness pouches are really good. Otherwise natural yoghurt with fruit puree. Agree to introduce mashed up normal meals now instead of just veg/fruit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now