Talk

Advanced search

*Advise please on how to discipline my 7yr old*

(4 Posts)
jellybabybumbum Mon 02-Nov-15 18:33:58

I have a 7yr old going on 17yr old.
Her mood swings and tantrums are shocking! Sometimes she is an angel.....and I mean that. So good and angelic looking and then all of a sudden she turns into a devil. Shouting, stomping, slamming doors, answering back. I'm assuming this is normal of most children however I don't really know how to discipline her properly. I mostly get cross, shout, send her to her room and I worry I don't do enough positive reinforcement and just concentrate on the bad.

Can anyone give me some ideas and tell me what kind of things they do to discipline their children.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 02-Nov-15 19:03:35

There was a thread similar to the a bit ago. Here smile

nightsky010 Tue 03-Nov-15 09:10:23

What are the triggers for her bad behaviour?

I just do all the normal stuff really. Lots of praise when good. For minor naughtiness it will be toys taken away until the next morning or no bedtime story / no Horrid Henry watching. For major naughtiness it will be toys taken away and getting sent to his room (not sure that's very effective though!). Sometimes having toys taken away leads to major tantrums (lying on the floor screaming and kicking). If that happens then DS will get carried to his room and left there for ~15 mins until he has calmed down!

Hope that helps.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Tue 03-Nov-15 09:12:38

I found silence worked better than shouting. She hated it, but calmed quicker.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: