Talk

Advanced search

6mo problems..

(4 Posts)
SparklyTinselTits Thu 29-Oct-15 18:37:15

My 6mo DD is a wonderful little girl...so happy and content....until daddy tries to step in to do something.
If he feeds her, she makes a huge fuss until I do it.
If he holds her when I'm in the room she cries hysterically and then falls silent if I take her from him...she's also started reaching her arms out for me when she cries. sad
I hate seeing her so upset...but what's worse than that, is that my DH feels like he is failing as a father. He is really upset over it. He is in the military, so works long hours and is often away for days/weeks at a time, so DD spends most of her time with only me.
Has anyone else experienced the same? Is it just a phase? Will she grow out of it? Am I making it worse by stepping in?

icklekid Thu 29-Oct-15 18:39:37

Ds has seen dh every day of his life and was definitely like this at 6 months, sadly sometimes still is at 15 months although is generally better. If I'm not there he is fine just a mummies boy. I don't think you can do anything about it I'm afraid. ..

SparklyTinselTits Thu 29-Oct-15 18:52:15

sad i have heard that separation anxiety can peak at certain ages, so maybe that's it?
I hope DH won't take it too much to heart!

zombieme8 Thu 29-Oct-15 18:58:38

My ds went through this at about 6mo (he's 1 on Saturday!) the only time he settled for his dad was when dh was babywearing. Dh now carries ds in the Tula whenever we are all out together, it is like their special bonding time. Could be worth a go for your dh? It will pass regardless, just something to try in the meantime. My dd who is nearly 3.5yo goes through stages where only daddy will do for a month or two, then he gets completely rejected and it's all mummy again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now