Talk

Advanced search

Toilet and wee phobic 3.4yr old, really struggling!

(4 Posts)
Nancery Fri 23-Oct-15 19:42:16

We have only just started toilet training. Not due to laziness but due to DS often refusing to use the loo (he's never used the potty) and various friends had advised to leave it as once he decides to ditch nappies himself it will be far easier. Anyway, that didn't really happen and we were getting increasingly conscious of the fact that he was the last of his peers and nursery group to go into pants.
So far, it's been a fucking disaster! He will NOT wear pants, trying to get them on results in hysteria. Hence, 90% of the time he's commando. He flatly refuses to use the loo, and forcing the issue results in more, worse, hysteria (and often subsequent puddles.) He is clearly holding it in like mad as once he gets in the bath he wee's like a racehorse, but even that tonight resulted in hysterical 'I don't like weeing!' sobs. (It did cross my mind he has a UTI which I will get checked although I don't think it's that.)
We have tried bribary, stickers, lengthy discussions, we have all used the loo in front of him etc etc and nothing has bloody worked. And it's now turning into a battleground.
Am stumped on what to do next!

amarmai Fri 23-Oct-15 22:40:52

i'd get the gp to check his waterworks just to rule out physical probs.

Nancery Fri 23-Oct-15 23:45:42

Thanks. I agree that's worth chopecking, though not convinced that's really the cause

amarmai Sat 24-Oct-15 16:23:06

there are lots of c's books on the pee and poo topic. Might help him talk about it and help you find a solution.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now