Talk

Advanced search

Putting 5 and 3 year old to bed at diff times-same room

(3 Posts)
bourbonmadness Sat 17-Oct-15 21:03:26

We've always strictly put our dc's to bed at the same time (7pm) with a joint bedtime routine. We are starting to notice our older one perhaps isn't as tired and may enjoy staying up a little longer (30mins-hour). Our younger one def still needs to go around 7pm. They share a room
Has anyone had experience of different bedtimes in the same room and/or more specifically changing to diff bedtimes having previously had the same. Would appreciate any tips. Thanks

belindarose Sat 17-Oct-15 21:10:05

I put my 3 year old to bed, with stories and cuddles, while 6 year old either listens in or plays/ reads on my bed. Then I read to DD (and hear her read if she's not too tired) for 20-30 minutes on my bed.

DS is usually asleep when she goes in at 7.30ish. If he's not, they still fall asleep anyway.

We started this at 2&5 - they have bunk beds in a shared room. Works really well although they do wake early and DD could sometimes benefit from sleeping in!

bourbonmadness Wed 28-Oct-15 21:32:55

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for delayed response. I have a very string my minded DD who having always gone together with her brother does now not want to do any part of the bedtime routine without him. She feels she is missing out and is much older than her years. It's proving really difficult to introduce a separate arrangement!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: