Talk

Advanced search

Weaning??

(5 Posts)
BabyG2015 Sat 12-Sep-15 14:17:58

Im new here and still finding my way about.

I have a 17 week old son who, for the past 3 days is struggling to take his bottle (which is unlike him) He is on 6oz but we are lucky if he takes 4oz. He has had around 4 full bottles on 3 days.

He has found his hands which he plays with in his mouth. He is dribbling a little too. I have no doubt that he is starting to teeth.

My question is, is she showinh signs that he is ready to be weaned with the lack of interest with the bottle??

Wisteria1979 Sat 12-Sep-15 14:26:49

No doesn't sound like it. Takes a lot for them to be ready for weaning and at that age only on doctors recommendation I think.
Is he under the weather in general? Or constipated? Sometimes if they are uncomfortable they reduce the amount of drink they take.

BabyG2015 Sat 12-Sep-15 15:16:15

He has reflux so i have discussed weaning early with his peadiatrician, but his reflux is manageable at the moment so i wanted to hold off weaning.
Nope, he is his normal self and is not constipated.... i will see how it goes over the next week or so and maybe speak to my HV to see what her thoughts are.

Thanks

ffffffedup Sat 12-Sep-15 22:24:43

Could he be ready for the next size teats???

BabyG2015 Sun 13-Sep-15 11:55:05

I thought that but i dont think it is that reason as he still will take a full bottle at night

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now