Talk

Advanced search

Toddler developing dummy teeth.worried

(11 Posts)
FujimotosElixir Sat 15-Aug-15 18:23:26

My 2 year old is heavily reliant on the dummy I.e asking all the time for it, and especially reliant for sleep. Is naughty, agitated without it. But 'dummy teeth' are emerging and I'm desperate to wean effectively without causing severe distress (he has extreme abandonment fear I.e extreme clinginess to me extreme meltdowns if I go upstairs to the loo etc) any ideas for quick and effective weaning?

Zeitgeistic Sat 15-Aug-15 18:39:18

Take her to one of those Build A Bear places and put the dummy inside a teddy that she can then cuddle? My cousin did this with her DD and it worked well. Her DD was a bit older though.

FujimotosElixir Sat 15-Aug-15 19:30:33

Hmm interesting idea, I think mine Atm anyway would just dig it out but an interesting idea,

IWillOnlyEatBeans Sat 15-Aug-15 20:37:04

Could you replace it with something 'special' of yours that he could cuddle? My nephew had his dummy replaced by one of sister's nighties! He loved it. He still sleeps with it under his pillow and he's 11!

FujimotosElixir Sat 15-Aug-15 21:37:34

I looking for a replacement that isn't either food or thumb related but fulfills comfort needs.

FujimotosElixir Sat 15-Aug-15 21:38:48

Like maybe a toy or something as a distraction when he asks for dummy.

MrsSpencerReid Sat 15-Aug-15 21:49:54

I told my ds that Santa was taking it to give to poorly babies in hospital, this prob wouldn't work for you, personally I wouldn't worry too much now as these are baby teeth that will fall out and concentrate on getting rid before adult teeth, good luck

MrsSpencerReid Sat 15-Aug-15 21:50:41

And when he'd been without it a week or so he got a fireman Sam toy for being a big boy!!

FujimotosElixir Sat 15-Aug-15 22:03:54

Thank you so far its wierd my eldest had a dummy till just before 3 (ASD) and his teeth is fine, but youngest def has a shark look going on sad such a huge failure. Will his teeth self sort then? Right now it's bedtime only this week I just need to get a replacement.

FujimotosElixir Sat 15-Aug-15 22:04:27

Aw bless bet he was happy about that!

FujimotosElixir Sun 16-Aug-15 10:56:47

Was woke up at 6 today asking for dummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now