Talk

Advanced search

ds keeps pooing himself-ideas?

(5 Posts)
lotsoffunandgames Thu 13-Aug-15 23:05:28

I am not sure what approach to take but ds who is 8 keeps pooing his pants a little bit. He has been doing it now for about a month. He doesn't say right way but I notice later. I ask why he did it and he just says he wanted to keep playing with his friends/playing computer/DVD etc and didn't want to take a few minutes out to go to the toilet. He said it would waste the playing time he got. I have explained numerous times that he would get extended time if he went to the loo but it just doesn't sink in. Apart from being tired of cleaning dried poo off him and his pants, I am concerned as to why he is doing it and how it can stop.
Has anyone got any constructive ideas please?

BackforGood Thu 13-Aug-15 23:23:33

It may be that he is constipated and the poo is leaking round the constipation.
Take him to the Drs to get them to check and they will probably help you get it cleared.

lotsoffunandgames Fri 14-Aug-15 00:14:04

Thanks backforgood. He isn't constipated. When he was 3 or 4 he did used to poo hold and get constipated and some would dribble out. We did manage to get over that with doctors advice and since then he goes for a poo each night. His diet is good and he drinks plenty. He will still go to the loo each evening unless he pooed his pants late in the day.
I guess he has history of poo issues but for so long he's been going normally with no problems. I wasn't sure if he can help it or not because when asked he makes it sound like a choice he has made. To poo his pants rather than go to the loo?

LastingLight Fri 14-Aug-15 19:45:53

If it is something he can control I would start by making him clean up himself rather than you doing it for him.

lotsoffunandgames Fri 14-Aug-15 21:00:50

If it was a recently done one then I agree I should make him clear it up himself and have told him I won't be doing it for him for much longer. But by the time I know he has pooed his pants it's all dried and a pain to get off with wet wipes. I think he just wouldn't be able to. Plus when he takes his pants off dried poo tumbles out. I would just rather not have it everywhere.
We have decided to properly set consequences clearly out for him and rigidly stick to them. If that doesn't work then I have no idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now