Talk

Advanced search

My baby won't eat anymore

(7 Posts)
kimser Wed 29-Jul-15 09:15:24

Please can someone give me some advice..my daughter is 14 months old and has gradually started eating less and less. She started solids purees at 6 months old, everything went really well she wasn't fussy at all and tried and ate everything. When she had the MMR vaccine she had a bad reaction and was very poorly and would only accept milk at that time. After that I tried to feed her normally and she kept refusing. I always cook all the meals and I thought maybe she didn't like my food so I even tried baby meals and nothing worked. My mother gave her some nectarines and my baby sucked them and spat them out now whenever I give her ANYTHING solid she spits it out. I don't know what to do. I don't know what happened. She won't swollow anything at all now. She only wants milk and maybe yogurt. I'm worried. Has this happened to anyone else? How can I make her swollow?

kimser Wed 29-Jul-15 12:30:41

Anyone? Please

LashesandLipstick Wed 29-Jul-15 12:35:49

Happened to me at about 2, I had a reaction to something and was very ill, stopped eating most food. I also have sensory issues with food though so this made it 100x worse.

Not what you want to hear but it caused a lifetime of food issues in me, for years I would only eat about 10 foods. My parents tried everything but I'd simply vomit and spit out everything that had lumps. Apparently up until that point I'd eat normally.

AngieBolen Wed 29-Jul-15 12:36:15

I think you need to visit your GP for advice and to check she doesn't have anything wrong with her throat.

If you are giving her lots of milk, she won't be hungry enough to eat solid food.

Will she eat purees/soup?

PannaDoll Wed 29-Jul-15 12:41:42

I would guess that she is filling up on the yoghurt and milk you're giving her to compensate for her not eating solids. I am not an expert (if that wasn't already obvious :-))

From memory, my DD still got most of her calories from breast milk still until around 18 months. Solid food was for licking, sucking, chewing and exploring mostly.

Good luck, it sounds stressful and I think trying to relax yourself a little more might help.

kimser Wed 29-Jul-15 13:03:15

Thank you for your replies, I am so worried as I think she is quite thin for her age. I think you are right about filling up on milk, does that mean then I should not give her any milk at all then until she eats solids? I think if I did that she would just cry for milk and I'm worried about making the problem worse

kimser Wed 29-Jul-15 13:04:18

The throat its a good idea I will take her check that thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now