Talk

Advanced search

Toddler sleeping stuff...pillows, covers, side off cot etc!

(13 Posts)
Queazy Sat 25-Jul-15 20:09:01

Hi all

I think my dd needs a toddler pillow - she keeps waking in the night because she's shifted down to sleep in a mass of soft toy bunnies. Please can anyone help with where they got theirs from? I've only looked on Amazon so far but want to make sure I get.a decent quality one.

Also, dd is still in her cot and in a grobag. She's 22 months and thinking I'll take the side off her cot if she starts climbing out or after Xmas when dc2 comes along. Rambling aside, did you buy a duvet or keep with gro bags, and how did they adapt? And where's good for buying cotbed duvets and bed guards. I was thinking mothercare but any recommendations appreciated smile

Thanks all!

tortoisesarefab Sat 25-Jul-15 20:22:33

I bought a silent night toddler pillow from matalan and use a cot bed quilt in dd's cot at the moment. She started to refuse the sleeping bag. She was 2 last month and I have no intention of taking the sides off her cot yet, she doesn't climb and I think she would be out of bed all the time if I did!

BicycleMadeForTwo Sat 25-Jul-15 20:26:26

We got a toddler duvet and pillow from George at Asda. They were anti allergy ones and were a really good price.

Queazy Sun 26-Jul-15 07:44:41

Thanks so much - will have a look in asda and matalan this weekend smile

AndThisIsTrue Sun 26-Jul-15 07:49:02

Ikea! DS loves his duvet and I'm pretty sure it's what made him start sleeping through!

Artandco Sun 26-Jul-15 07:50:38

I would move her into a single bed tbh with side, or just single mattress on floor for now,then you can use cot for new baby.

Queazy Sun 26-Jul-15 09:09:08

Art & Co, I thought of doing that, but new baby not here until Xmas and will be in with us for 6 months, so don't really need the cot for nearly a year yet. Thinking I'll buy her a toddler bed when she moves rooms (when the baby takes her box room!). Think I'll also just keep the sides on until she shows signs of wanting to leap them smile

Artandco Sun 26-Jul-15 15:56:05

I would skip the toddler bed tbh. By 2 a normal bed with side will be fine. Otherwise by the time she's 5 or so you will need to buy another bed

Queazy Sun 26-Jul-15 18:32:55

That's a brilliant tip - I want to avoid shelling out for furniture just for a couple of years, as she needs new chest of drawers too. Good plan - will buy a single bed.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sun 26-Jul-15 18:40:41

Just keep her in a sides off cot til the baby needs it then buy a full single for her. I got a baby duvet and pillow from IKEA for dd when she turned about 18mo and once she got to about 2.5 she hated it coming untucked so now has a full single duvet, but still got her flat toddler pillow. She is 3 1/2 and will be out of her cotbed with sides off within the month as 9mo ds is outgrowing his crib.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sun 26-Jul-15 18:41:51

You may find it easier to take the sides off before Baby get here -I found it impossble to bend into the cot much past six months pg.

grabaspoon Sun 26-Jul-15 18:49:57

At 13 months we bought a toddler bed set from john lewis; pillow and duvet.

Queazy Sun 26-Jul-15 22:03:54

Thanks so much all, and very good point thinkivebeenhacked!! I just worry that I'd be only scooping her off the floor if i don't keep her in the cot smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now