Talk

Advanced search

Help with toddler and newborn

(3 Posts)
slightlyconfused85 Fri 24-Jul-15 14:17:24

I've got a 2.8 year old dd and a 1 week old ds. Dd really likes him until he cries then she stresses out- if I feed him she gets really cross and wants me to do things with her right then. I'm feeling really awful that she's so stressed - anyone got ideas of how I can help her to not be jealous when he feeds? He has bottle of that helps with ideas. I'm feeling a bit bluesy today like I've stuffed up her happiness hmmhmm

CakeRattleandRoll Sat 25-Jul-15 09:14:14

There is a support thread over on Baby that you might find helpful:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/parenting/2404702-Toddler-and-New-Baby-Support-thread

LittlePink Sat 25-Jul-15 09:35:04

My dd was 2.7 when Ds was born 6 mths ago and she's still quite jealous even now. At first she regressed and wanted to be bf again even though I gave up at 6 mths with her so that was a bit of a shock! She kept trying to push baby off and latch on herself. She's stopped this now but every now and then tries to have a go! What she more often tends to do is as soon as I start feeding Ds she decides she wants something or wants something fixing or getting for her or the biggie is telling me she needs a wee when she doesn't really, she just wants me to stop feeding him and do something for her instead.

I guess the main thing is trying to involve her as much as possible and get her to help with tasks such as winding, helping with nappies etc. She has a little dolls cot and ive encouraged her to baby her doll as much as possible which she does and takes it everywhere.

It's hard to begin with but with a good routine it's been made easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now