Talk

Advanced search

agonising over 3rd baby decision....

(14 Posts)
MrsRV Sun 19-Jul-15 20:28:04

i have 3.4 yo DD & 1.3 yo DD.

we're not in a position to have a third baby yet in any event but it's something i think about EVERYDAY. I have no idea why it's playing on my mind ALL OF THE TIME. It's driving me mad. Why do i feel like this??? It's so bizzare.

worldsworstmum2015 Sun 19-Jul-15 22:02:33

Despite my name having a 3rd baby is the best decision I ever made. Now after 3 I'm happy I don't want anymore so the yearning for no3 was a real need for me but I left a gap of 6yrs between dc2 &3.

williwonti Sun 19-Jul-15 22:41:56

I posted similarly last week, it consumes me, thought it was hormonal but it's not....how do we decide!

MrsRV Mon 20-Jul-15 20:01:35

i've spend so much time googling it!! It's a REAL toughie. i'm hoping the answer will just come to me in the coming year!!!

nutelladipper Mon 20-Jul-15 20:07:56

God I know how you feel. I was exactly the same - I'm now 35 wks pregnant with DC3 (dc1 is 4.10, dc2 is 2.10) and I know I've made the right decision.

One way I knew is after TTC only one month I was so gutted to get a negative POAS.

kavv0809 Mon 20-Jul-15 20:58:23

Me too. Time is marching on and I'm not getting any younger! Will be 37 this year with 5 yo and 16 month old. Having niggling doubts that I would cope with the realities of three, but I just can't put it to bed.

MrsRV Mon 20-Jul-15 21:19:05

i'm swaying in favour of going for it. i think the jump from 2-3 won't be as big a shock as 1-2. 1-2 for me was hard with it only now being easier. we had angel baby first time round. not so much second time round... in fact, complete bloody nightmare child second time round.

LibrariesGaveUsPower Mon 20-Jul-15 21:22:54

I have three. Youngest is still a baby. I adore him but it's pretty hard. Waaaay harder than two. Not for practicalities as such but managing the needs of a six year old and a baby is much harder than a two year spread.

MissBananaMama Mon 20-Jul-15 21:34:26

I already have 3 DDs and following an unplanned pregnancy which resulted in miscarriage, I started having the 'urge'. It consumed my every thought and I would often dream of having another baby. I love my 3 DDs and they were all very much wanted but I had never ever experienced the overwhelming broodiness like this. My OH didn't want anymore though and I would cry sometimes as I found it so upsetting. Then obv very guilty as I was already so blessed with 3 amazing kids. Anyway, long story short, we had a contraceptive mishap and we decided to leave it to fate and guess what? I am now 24 weeks with DD4 and over the moon. I really hope that I don't get the 'urge' again though as I've decided to get sterilised after this one and we really cannot afford another. But what I've always said, there's no 'right time' for kids. There will always be something stopping you or obstacles but you muddle by regardless. Speak to your OH and see what he thinks. I think that if you have a time frame in mind then it may make it easier on your thoughts iykwim? Good luck

worldsworstmum2015 Tue 21-Jul-15 06:01:30

It's definitely easier going from 2-3 than 1-2 baby 3 just sort of slots into the routine you've already got

MrsRV Tue 21-Jul-15 08:14:01

worldsworst.... enjoying your words of encouragement!

LibrariesGaveUsPower Tue 21-Jul-15 08:23:26

I found 0-1 really hard, 1-2 easy and 2-3 easy for the newborn stage but harder now (he's one). I think it varies.smile

Turquoiseblue Tue 21-Jul-15 08:32:18

Well after 4 years the niggling feeling of wanting a third and the incessant debate of will we, won't we, we decided to go for it. dH was almost more on board with it than I was but am delighted too. Now 30 weeks on dc 3. No idea how it will plan out but am so happy we went for it.
Lovely to read your encouraging posts worlds worst smile,
Plus I do believe you never regret the children you do have, only the ones you didntgringrin

MrsRV Tue 21-Jul-15 11:23:50

touquoiseblue.... yes... i will adopt these wise words!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now