Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone explain scoring for eyfs nursery age?

(4 Posts)
bourbonmadness Fri 17-Jul-15 18:42:49

We've just had a report from dc's nursery school. He's due to start reception in September. Along with the teacher comments there is scoring based on the development matters document. I've googled and while there is lots around eyfs I can't find something to shed any light on what terms such as low and medium mean. Can anyone help please?

littlemissnorthernbird Fri 17-Jul-15 19:36:41

I have worked in both Nursery and Reception. We didn't use those exact terms but they are basically saying whether your child is beginning, secure or exceeding n the different areas! Hope that helps. I'm sure they wont mind explaining it to you!

MiaowTheCat Sat 18-Jul-15 11:21:47

Generally - it's along the lines of "not quite got this" "got it" "definitely got it and on to the next thing" - a similar sort of system to that.

bourbonmadness Sat 18-Jul-15 21:32:44

Thanks. I think I'll have a check with them at school then as a couple of the areas we were told he was starting school above what was average and yet he's been marked what I'd assume is 'got it' for those so what do you have to be like for the next level up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now