Talk

Advanced search

Taking baby swimming

(3 Posts)
HelenF35 Wed 15-Jul-15 16:25:12

Does anyone have any recommendations for what to use nappy/clothing wise for my wee boy? Going to take him swimming at 4 weeks and not sure what is best wetsuit/reusable swim nappy/disposable and trunks?? Please help. TIA

KingOfTheStupids Wed 15-Jul-15 16:29:51

Check with the pool regarding which nappy as different pools have different rules. I use a tots bots reusable nappy but some pools will insist on a happy nappy. I had a horrendous experience with disposable swim nappies so becareful of those!

If the pool is a heated baby pool then trunks should be fine. If it's a cooler standard pool then a wet suit or body warmer would be best.

westcountrywoman Wed 15-Jul-15 16:43:39

I would suggest a disposable or reusable swim nappy with a Happy Nappy (branded neoprene pull up nappy / pants) over the top. This will ensure ALL number twos are well contained!
If the water is anything but super-warm, at 4 weeks he will definitely need some sort of bodywarmer suit (baby wetsuit) to maintain his temperature. Mothercare and Jojo Maman Bébé sell them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now