Talk

Advanced search

Playmobil

(14 Posts)
slightlyconfused85 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:35:23

My DD is 2.8 and had always quite enjoyed happyland but in the last few weeks seems to have got bored of it. We went to a friends house this mor info who had a huge collection of playmobil and she loved it- I know some of the bits are a bit small so I thought I'd take teeny bits away for a while and return when she's a bit older. Id like to buy her a set or two but as I see it's very expensive I wonder if anyone had any recommendations for a particular set enjoyed by their children?

PosterEh Tue 14-Jul-15 15:38:08

The take-along house is very good and comes with lots of furniture and accessories. That's the bit we started Dd's ever growing collection with.

PosterEh Tue 14-Jul-15 15:39:12

This one.

RumAppleGinger Tue 14-Jul-15 15:45:09

Can be expensive but is readily available on gumtree for a reasonable price. DS has a fair bit (it what he's asked for every birthday and Christmas since he was about 2.6.) His favourites remain the penguin park and the swimming pool.

slightlyconfused85 Tue 14-Jul-15 16:11:06

Thank you- our local gumtree has very little but it's a big city so perhaps it goes quickly once advertised. The carry along house looks up her street. She does still play with happyland but not that often, seems to have swapped it for wonderingn round aimlessly wittering on about princesses shock

sanfairyanne Tue 14-Jul-15 17:40:55

lego and lego duplo are good too. playmobil is better for older kids imo, although playmobil 123 is ok. its the little bits that make it different from happyland really.

sanfairyanne Tue 14-Jul-15 17:41:52

hotukdeals is good if you set up an alert for playmobil
recommend the house, school and campervan

hufflebottom Tue 14-Jul-15 17:55:25

Dd loved playmobil 123. Still does and she's 5. When she was 4 we started on the standard playmobil. Now currently all over the floor and doesn't hurt as much as Lego when you stand on it

stressbucket1 Tue 14-Jul-15 19:36:29

We have the playmobil 123 noahs ark and zoo my 3 and 1 year old like playing with it but duplo is more popular with them at the moment you can get duplo sets with cars people and animals in.
I did see some mini playmobil sets in home bargains for £1.99 the other day might be worth a look if there is one by you?

slightlyconfused85 Tue 14-Jul-15 20:41:52

I don't live near a home bargains hmm I have got a fair bit of Duplo and lego but she really isn't very interested in it, I think because she can't build things yet workout help and she likes her independence. I know some of the bits are small but she liked how the little people bent at the waist and she could take the hats on and off, for example, which you can't with happyland.

PosterEh Tue 14-Jul-15 21:07:03

I wouldn't worry about the small bits at 2.8.

I don't mind paying a bit more for playmobil because I know I played with mine until about 11!

LetThereBeCupcakes Wed 15-Jul-15 09:19:33

My DS is 2.5 and loves playmobil - we've done the same as you and taken away smaller bits. We were very lucky to pick up the large zoo for £1.50 at a charity shop and that's getting a LOT of use. He also loves the car and horsebox set.

The Playmobil 123 stuff didn't interest him at all unfortunately.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 15-Jul-15 09:24:40

DD got a Camping set at that age. Now at 3 1/2 she also has the swimming pool (her favourite), a red car, and we got her a wooden dolls house for her 3rd birthday but furnished it with basic Playmobil furniture (all ebay jobbies). I figured if ans when she outgrows the house she will still play with the playmobil

slightlyconfused85 Wed 15-Jul-15 09:29:04

Thank you everyone. I have ordered her the princess birthday carry along set and the little princess swan boat as despite my gender neutral attempts she's loves a princess... I've also ordered the swimming pool as it looks fab and she will get the lot as a present from her new sibling due any moment!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now