Talk

Advanced search

My little girl doesn't seem to want to know me

(4 Posts)
lisalegresley Tue 14-Jul-15 15:23:58

Hi,

I have a 21 month old girl who when I get home from work really doesnt seem to want me anywhere near her. She turns her back, says no and gets quite clingy with her nanny (my husbands daughter from previous marriage)

Its almost like she is playing with me and thinks its a game as when she is told off she giggles, even when she is put on the naughty step by her nanny. I find it really upsetting as all I want when I come home is to kiss & cuddle my daughter. Once the nanny has gone she is fine and we play etc.

Is this normal behaivour or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Lisa

princessvikki Tue 14-Jul-15 18:35:31

Its normal they all go through phases like that. Do you mean you tell her off and put her on the naughty step for not wanting you when you come home? If so that's probably part of the problem, let her come to you in her own time don't punish her for not wanting a hug

Hellionsitem2 Tue 14-Jul-15 18:36:52

She must sense your neediness. Start being silly and fun instead of desperate

DurhamDurham Tue 14-Jul-15 18:46:40

It's not really her nanny, it's her sister, maybe they have a really good relationship and she doesn't miss you when you are out. She's probably pleased to see you when you get home but wants to continue playing or doing whatever she's doing.
Maybe enjoy the breathing space and enjoy a cuppa when you get in, she'll come to you if she sees that you are relaxed and happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now